Friday, February 10, 2012

Halo Purely for Pets


This review is a bit difficult to write since technically, I am not the actual reviewer. I'm not quite into eating pet food. So, let me introduce you to Kassie.
She is an almost 2 year old Yorkshire Terrier and she has been a Halo Pet since she moved in with us at the age of 4 months. She loves her food & I love that what I am feeding her is good for her.

Holistic Nutrition Made with Only the Best Real Food Ingredients.Holistic Nutrition Made with Only the Best Real Food Ingredients
I feed her both the Halo Spot's Stew Dry & Canned Food Recipes.  The dry recipe comes in 3 varieties. Chicken, Lamb & Salmon. I alternate between the lamb & the chicken. The salmon gives her fish breath which isn't very pleasant. The canned recipe comes in the same varieties but also has a beef option. Again, I feed her all but the salmon. I know that salmon is rich in Omega 3 and all, but dang, her breath smells nasty!

If I let her, she could scarf up a whole can of food, so I just mix a spoonful into her dry food in the morning. In the evening, she just gets dry kibble and she's fine with that. BUT, if I try to feed her just dry kibble in the morning, she get's mad and won't eat until I add her spoonful of wet food!  Soooo, spoiled!

When you open up a can, you can see huge chunks of meat and actual vegetables. I also like that I can pronounce most of the ingredients on the label! Yes, it is a bit on the pricier side, but they always have coupons on their website. That, plus buying when it's on sale at Petco is a huge help. Plus my Kassie Poo is worth it!

You can sign up for Halo's newsletter and they'll send you a coupon for 2 free cans of food. That way, you can try it out for FREE! So you have nothing to lose and your pet will thank you.

***The opinions expressed are strictly my own. No payment or compensation was received for this review***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know you were here!