Friday, June 17, 2011

Review: TRESemmé® Color Revitalize

I have been coloring my hair for over 10 years. It all started when I spotted the first gray and I started to panic. I was not going to accept the grays! I started with reds and I LOVED the color. But red fades really fast. I couldn't afford keeping up with it. It would actually fade before the roots started to show. So I gravitated towards lightish auburn with blonde highlights.

I am a BzzAgent and I recently received samples of TRESemmé® Color Revitalize shampoo & conditioner. I figured, what better way to try it than by going back to red? So I did. After using both the shampoo and conditioner for 4 weeks, my color remained pretty much the same. It was still shiny and not as dull as it normally would be 4 weeks after coloring. After rinsing the shampoo off, my hair felt like a mass of knots but thankfully the conditioner de-tangled well and did not weigh down my hair. I did notice that although my hair did not feel weighed down, I did have a difficult time styling it. Even my curling iron did not give me the desired waves that I'm used to. Also, my hair did not feel as soft as I like.

All in all I would give the TRESemmé® Color Revitalize Shampoo & Conditioner 3 stars because it did maintain my hair color. It did, however, seem to make my hair less manageable. It is not sulfate-free which may be a concern for some. The price point is very reasonable.It is worth a try for those with color treated hair.

So, have you tried TRESemmé® Color Revitalize? What did you think about it?

**I was given a coupon/products for free from BzzAgent.com. Opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid for this review***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know you were here!