Friday, February 4, 2011

Review: Thomas' Bagel Thins

For a person that doesn't really eat breakfast, I have been reviewing quite a few breakfast products recently. Just to clarify, I don't eat eggs & I don't drink milk. My typical breakfast includes a bagel, slathered with cream cheese. Or dry cereal, no milk. Since I am trying to cut down on caloric intake, I had stopped having my bagels and I wasn't a happy camper

I am a BzzAgent and occasionally receive products (or coupons) to review & spread the word. In this case, I received a coupon to obtain a free package of Thomas' Bagel Thins. I was so happy to learn that each bagel thin only has 110 calories! Regular bagels contain about 260 calories. Now, the carbs are still there at 25g per bagel thin. But considering that standard bagels contain 51g of carbs, I think that's a great option for cutting down.
The bagel thins also contain:
* 0g Trans Fat
* Cholesterol Free
* Good Source of Fiber
* Low Fat

Bagel Thins toast up nice & crispy. I don't know if it's just my toaster, but they seemed to toast faster. So keep an eye out so you you don't end up with burned bagel thins. I honestly like the thins. They taste like bagels to me. I do miss my chewy bagels, but I can definitely get used to these. Especially if I can reach my weight-loss goals without sacrificing too much. In my experience, if I completely get rid of my favorite food items, I end up cheating on my diet. Big time. I am now experimenting with toppings, including low fat cream cheese. Any yummy and guilt-free suggestions?

The Thomas' Bagel Thins give me my bagel fix with half the calories and carbs. They are available in 100% Whole Wheat, Plain, Cinnamon Raisin & Everything (variety of seeds, garlic and onions).

***I was given a coupon for free product from BzzAgent.com. Opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid for this review***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know you were here!