Monday, December 13, 2010

Wrappitizers Time!

I was finally able to host my Nasoya Wrappy Hour party this past Sunday.  After a couple of date changes, we finally got our act together.  Sort of.  I had a hard time finding the wrappers at my area Publix. I considered changing the date again, but with the holiday parties approaching, I knew that I would not be able to reschedule for any time before 2011.  I finally hit Winn Dixie at the suggestion of @Nasoya on Twitter.  This saved me a 45 minute drive to Whole Foods. Forget the fact that Winn Dixie only had TWO packages of egg roll wrappers available in stock.  I snatched them up and made my way to the register with my handy dandy coupons.  While waiting in line at the register, I notice the "use by date" on one package was Dec11.  Um, no.  One package would have to do.  Fortunately, we were only a total of 6 including myself.  I cant believe how much I got out of one package! I made 10 chicken empanadas. 6 spinach artichoke egg rolls, 12 mini dessert cups and made chips with the left overs! I had also made my famous cranberry & feta salad, so nobody would go away hungry.

 Chicken Filling

 Chicken Empanadas

There are a couple of things that I learned.  Number one being that I can never get a job as an egg roll roller. My "egg rolls" looked nothing like your regular egg rolls!  I also learned that I loved the presses that Nasoya sent me! They are so easy to use! Since I can't be an "egg roll roller" maybe I can survive as an empanada maker!

One last lesson  learned, is that I must remind my female guests that I would like to take and post pictures.  I must do this not only when I invite, but also several times before the event including the day of said event. That way they can be totally primped and made-up and allow me to take and post pictures! Geez! Even after a couple of sangrias, they were unwilling models.

We did have a great time and they enjoyed the food. Each of my guests left with a recipe pamphlet, an apron and coupons for free product and $ off.  If it weren't for the party poopers, my photos would be more interesting. But whatever. We'll be getting together again in January, and I want to make the crab rangoons.  There are wrapping instructions on the Nasoya website.  Maybe with a little practice my rolling skills will improve.


 Getting ready to roll
 Spinach Artichoke Filling


 Spinach Artichoke Egg Roll, Chicken Empanada, Nutella & Whipped Cream Dessert Cup
I baked everything because I do not like frying inside the house. Plus it is healthier.  Although everything toasted up quite nicely, I believe that the wrappers would have a nicer texture when fried. All in all, I really liked the wrappers.  The price is great.  I just wish that my Publix will actually carry them soon.  I also really want to try the Nayonaise. I see a trip to Whole Foods in my future.

***To help defray the cost of the party, I am being provided with products, coupons and a gift card by Nasoya®. All opinions expressed are strictly my own. Please refer to my disclosure policy***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know you were here!